So this is today’s set up for spray painting my evil iron man costume!

So this is today’s set up for spray painting my evil iron man costume!

For my final major project I will be remaking iron man so that he is a villain. This is my final design, although I am still deciding on the helmet.

For my final major project I will be remaking iron man so that he is a villain. This is my final design, although I am still deciding on the helmet.

Look!!! I made a wooden thing :D
To make this coffin type pice I first used a band saw to cut of the excess and then a sanding machine to make it into the point. For the first time EVER making something with these machines, I am a very happy bunny with the way this turned out :).
This is just a sample to test if this is the best option to use on a plastic vacfoam machine. I will also be making this out of foam and also clay. Once I find the best option this piece will be remade A LOT bigger.

A little side project/gift. I made these adventure time nails for a secret Santa present :) most turned out well, others, mostly lady rainicorn, not so much. (nooo just realised I forgot her hair!! It makes so much sense now)

I finally had my graduation and received my costume construction foundation decree :D

Dissertation

Today is the day that I handed in my dissertation (3 days before deadline may I add*smug face*). Two and a half years ago, when I started uni, I was dreading having to even write a 2000 word essay, so you could not possibly imagine how I felt having to write a 5000 word dissertation! (I know that’s not a lot compared to most but it is a lot for me). But I did it… I BLOODY DID IT!!!!!

This is the finished 1960s dress for a NHF competition. The hair that Mojos hairdressers in Newcastle is creating is a modern take on the beehive. To represent this structured 60s hairstyle I have made a fully box pleated skirt yet keeping it vintage and feminine looking by using a cream spotted fabric.

Finished the petticoat that will be going under my 60s dress.

Finished the petticoat that will be going under my 60s dress.

A new school year and a new course. So far in Entertainment Design Crafts I have realised I can’t design and that I BLOODY LOVE MAKING!
For this years minor project I have had the opportunity to collaborate with my hairdressers for many years, Mojos in Newcastle. They will be doing the hair for a NHF competition in April and I will be doing the costumes for it.
The first image is the hair she will be recreating. I see this as a very 60s feminine look because of the loose braids, yet still structured because of the beehive.
I have decided to make a dress that represents this. The toile is finished and the bodice has preparing detailing with a fully box pleated skirt.

I am a very happy bunny right now! I have finished my final year of FdA costume construction at CCAD with a distinction! 
I will now be doing a top up year in entertainment design crafts :)

I am a very happy bunny right now! I have finished my final year of FdA costume construction at CCAD with a distinction!
I will now be doing a top up year in entertainment design crafts :)

Starting a pattern for a swing jacket using the Winifred Aldrich metric pattern cutting for women’s wear book. This book is like a giant riddle!

Starting a pattern for a swing jacket using the Winifred Aldrich metric pattern cutting for women’s wear book. This book is like a giant riddle!

This is a article about the costumes CCAD costume construction class made for Preston hall.
My mens barber costume is 5 from the right!

This is my section in the ccad costume construction degree show. We were lucky enough to have it in the church next to the uni. All the projects of this year are included, such as millinery, 1940 tailoring, victorian clothing and personal projects. This will be on until the 28th of July so if you are passing by Hartlepool then come and look at mine and my talented class mates costumes.

As my personal project i decided to recreate the Mrs Lovett costume from Tim Burton’s version of Sweeney todd, which included the underwear. I used these images from a previous post as a reference. many techniques and skills were used while making this costume such as distressing, corsetry and beading.    

on saturday the 25th of may, my barbers costume was worn on the victorian street at Preston park by my lovely model Harry. Simon, the chap getting shaved had his costume made by the very talented lauren Deal.

top photo by Matthew Kitchen Photography 

photo below is a picture i took of the whole costume construction L5 class at CCAD